CeMM is committed to identifying, supporting, and developing its research discoveries into impactful solutions for society. The technology transfer office is here to assist in all areas of valorization.
Together with the CeMM inventors, the IP and Tech Transfer Manager identifies and safeguards innovations, develops patenting and publication strategies with the goal to create robust intellectual property packages that support the transfer of CeMM inventions to society. This involves finding partners in industry to take on CeMM inventions and produce products or services from the remarkable inventions made at the bench or in the informatics and network groups.
- 22 patent families.
- Recognized as "Austria's Best Innovator" 2020/2021 in organic chemistry and biochemistry by the Austrian Association of Consumer Studies (ÖGVS).
- 4 trademarks.
Licenses & Collaborations
- We partner with industry to develop therapeutics, diagnostic kits, and NGS technologies.
- Partners include Pfizer, Qiagen, and Diagenode.
- CeMM is commited to valorizing IP.
- CeMM is founding partner of 6 spin-offs: Haplogen, MyeloPro, Allcyte, Aelian Biotechnology, Proxygen, and Solgate.
In the “Innovation Awards 2020-2021” by the Austrian Association for Consumer Studies (ÖGVS) and the business magazine Trend, CeMM was awarded with the “Special Prize/Sonderpreis” in the field of organic chemistry and obtained the second-best place in IP category biochemistry.
In 2021-2022 CeMM ranks in the top group of the main class Inorganic Chemistry as well as in the top 10% of the most innovative companies and research institutions in Vienna.
Read the full announcement.