Start Me Up! Technology Transfer at CeMM
CeMM is committed to identifying, supporting, and developing its research discoveries into impactful solutions for society. The technology transfer office is here to assist in all areas of valorization.
Together with the CeMM inventors, the IP and Tech Transfer Manager identifies and safeguards innovations, develops patenting and publication strategies with the goal to create robust intellectual property packages that support the transfer of CeMM inventions to society. This involves finding partners in industry to take on CeMM inventions and produce products or services from the remarkable inventions made at the bench or in the informatics and network groups.
At a glance
- 22 patent families.
- Recognized as "Austria's Best Innovator" 2020/2021 in organic chemistry and biochemistry by the Austrian Association of Consumer Studies (ÖGVS).
- 4 trademarks.
Licenses & Collaborations
- We partner with industry to develop therapeutics, diagnostic kits, and NGS technologies.
- Partners include Pfizer, Qiagen, and Diagenode.
- CeMM is commited to valorizing IP.
- CeMM is founding partner of 6 spin-offs: Haplogen, MyeloPro, Allcyte, Myllia, Proxygen, and Solgate.
Austria's Beste: Innovation Awards 2020-2023
In the "Innovation Awards 2020-2021" by the Austrian Association for Consumer Studies (ÖGVS) and the business magazine Trend, CeMM was recognized with the "Special Prize/Sonderpreis" in organic chemistry and achieved the second-best position in the IP category for biochemistry.
In 2021-2022, CeMM continued to demonstrate its excellence, ranking in the top tier of the main class for inorganic chemistry and in the top 10% of the most innovative companies and research institutions in Vienna. Read the full announcement.
Most recently, in 2023, CeMM has been awarded the "Innovation Management" prize and achieved a top-5 ranking in organic fine chemistry and pharmaceuticals, as well as a top-10 ranking in the biotechnology field. These honors highlight the innovative contributions that CeMM is making in the field of molecular medicine.